Pages

Hershey's Syrup Copycat....

What do you get when you mix the rich taste of coffee with the smooth, creamy goodness of chocolate milk?
Something wonderful (sigh!)
I've been trying different recipes for chocolate milk syrup and today I stumble upon one that the kids love! The recipe itself is from CDKitchen. Here it is:


Copy Cat of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup
Ingredients:
1/2 cup Hershey's Cocoa Powder
1 cup Sugar
1 cup water
1 teaspoon Vanilla
dash of salt


Directions:
Combine cocoa, sugar, and salt in a saucepan. Add water, and mix until smooth. Bring this mixture to a boil. Allow it to boil for one minute, be careful this does not over boil. Remove from heat, when this cools add the vanilla.
This recipe from CDKitchen for Hershey's Chocolate Syrup serves/makes 2 cups

Well, I got to thinking how much my Honey likes those coffee milks at Walmart. So, I had the brilliant idea of making this recipe with left-over coffee. Well, Hallelujah! What a treat. I'm thinking... add it to some half-n-half and crushed ice and... WALLAH! You'd have a terrific and cheap Ice Cap! The only thing different I'll try next time is making the coffee extra strong. 

If you don't particularly like coffee, try it plain with milk. Either way you could use it for ice cream. Drizzle it on a chocolate fudge brownie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Okay, I'd better stop, before my thighs start complaining. But you get the idea. When you make it, it will seem very runny, but it will thicken up in the fridge a little. Also, it taste better after its sat for a while. Enjoy! If you have any good DIY, frugal type recipes email me. I love collecting recipes that are light on the wallet even if they're heavy on the hips!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home